The fact that I have over 300 books on my Kindle tells you what I think about the written word. And there are some great health-related books out there that I have found that give incredible advice to the layman. What is more important than your health? And what better way to really dive deep into a subject than reading a whole book. Here are 5 books on health that I highly recommend:
1. Vitamin K2 and the Calcium Paradox by Kate Rheaume-Bleue. Talks about the little known issue that if we are vitamin K2 deficient (most of us are) the Calcium that we intake can go into our arteries instead of our bones and cause heart disease and maybe even Alzheimer's.
2. Salt Sugar Fat by Michael Moss. Tells how big food use scientists to manipulate the ratio of salt sugar and fat in processed food in order to achieve maximum consumption of their product and encourage addiction.
3. 3 Minutes for a Pain-Free Life by Joseph Weisberg. This book shows you how to keep your joints healthy by doing a daily 3 minute exercise routine.
4. Big Pharma - How Drug Companies Mislead Doctors and Harm Patients by Ben Goldacre . An eye-opening book that tells the frightening tale of big pharma's manipulation of data and cooking of drug trials to make their new drugs seem more effective and safe than they really are.
5. Natural Posture for Pain-Free Living by Kathleen Potter. Most of us can stand to improve our posture and this book will tell you how.
Monte Jackson, owner Acupuncture Center of Richmond